ant-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: RSS...
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 16:34:03 GMT
On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 12:18  PM, Jon Madison wrote:
>     how are the changelogs modified for each build?

There is a WHATSNEW file at the top-level of the Ant CVS and
distribution.

>     what information is put in changelogs--bug fixes with bug numbers
> and
> descriptions? is there a standard format (i assume so)?

WHATSNEW is just a text file.

But the <cvschangelog> task could be used to extract all the commit
history from one version to another.

>     ant is built with ant, right?

But of course! (after a little command-line bootstrap)

>        is there an ant task for RSS-ifying build completion/file change
> status?

Not that I know of, definitely not in Ant's codebase.  But given
<cvschangelog> outputs XML, you could <xslt> that into RSS if you like.

>     how is the Ant front page news updated?

A manual cvs update by a committer.  I've done this a few times, but
not since we've moved to ant.apache.org so I suspect I'd need a
refresher on how to do it.  It's not automatic though.

> it should be Really Simple, to get something going quickly. ;)

We look forward to your contributions :))

	Erik