ant-user mailing list archives

From Ed Greenberg <>
Subject newbie question re srcdir and destdir (edg)
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 20:36:09 GMT
I'm trying to understand my first ant scripts.

I have
<project basedir="." default="all" name="myapp">
    <target depends="init" name="compile">
         <javac debug="true" deprecation="true" destdir="./WEB-INF/classes"

My build.xml sits in the same directory as src/ and WEB-INF/.

I have one source file located in
When I execute this script, I get a directory tree created as

I would have expected the compiler to create
given the statement in the ant manual that:

  <javac srcdir="${src}"
compiles all .java files under the ${src} directory,
and stores the .class files in the ${build} directory.

Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message