ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ciramella, EJ" <ECirame...@emptoris.com>
Subject RE: Newbie question - second try - re srcdir and destdir (edg)
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 21:11:00 GMT
Not the solution, but you don't need the "./".

I think when you say /WEB-INF/classes, ant thinks the dirs are different
enough to warrant adding in src.  Try destdir="classes" and srcdir="src",
see what happens...

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Greenberg [mailto:edg@greenberg.org]
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 5:07 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Newbie question - second try - re srcdir and destdir (edg)

Here's my second try in which I remembered to paste in the line that
actually describes the problem :) I appreciate any help I can get.

I'm trying to understand my first ant scripts.

I have
<project basedir="." default="all" name="myapp">
    <target depends="init" name="compile">
         <javac debug="true" deprecation="true" destdir="./WEB-INF/classes"
srcdir="./src"/>     </target>
</project>

My build.xml sits in the same directory as src/ and WEB-INF/.

I have one source file located in
	./src/foo/loo/moo/test.java
When I execute this script, I get a directory tree created as
	./WEB-INF/classes/src/foo/loo/moo/test.class

I would have expected the compiler to create
	./WEB-INF/classes/foo/loo/moo/test.class
given the statement in the ant manual that:

  <javac srcdir="${src}"
         destdir="${build}"
         classpath="xyz.jar"
         debug="on"
  />
compiles all .java files under the ${src} directory,
                         ^^^^^
and stores the .class files in the ${build} directory.

Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
</edg>