ant-user mailing list archives

From "Svetlin Stanchev" <stanc...@360t.com>
Subject RE: CVS on Linux via SSH Problem from a Windows 2000 Machine
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 09:25:17 GMT
First make sure you are using from WinCVS the same command-line client,
cvs.exe (Admin->Preferences->WinCVS) used also by the build script (in
the Windows path).

Then, checkout with WinCVS and see in the log the exact command used by
it.

Finally, encode the command using the <cvs/> task. If that is not
possible (<cvs/> implements only a subset of all command-line options)
then use
<exec/> passing all command line options (inclusive "cvs") as arguments.

Another helpful point is to have the package defined as module in the
repository.

--
Svetlin

-----Original Message-----
From: Mattos, John [mailto:jmattos@Indemand.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 7:12 PM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Cc: Mattos, John
Subject: CVS on Linux via SSH Problem from a Windows 2000 Machine

Hi,

I'm having a problem checking out code via ANT on my Windows 2000
machine. The CVS repository and package are called indab and I access it
through ssh.

Here is a snippet of my build.xml

<!-- Snippet -->

<property name="src" location="temp/src"/>

<property name="dist" location="web"/>

<property name="cvssrc" location="${src}/indabWeb/source"/>

<property name="cvsRoot" value=":ext:jmattos@VC30:/usr/local/indab"/>
<!-- FIXME -->

<property name="cvsRsh" location="lib\putty\plink.exe"/>

<property name="passFile" location="lib\putty\rsa\key"/>

<cvs command="checkout -N" cvsRoot="${cvsRoot}" cvsRsh="${cvsRsh}"

	compressionlevel="9"

	tag="${indab.label}"

                passfile="${passFile}" package="indab" dest="${src}"/>

<!-- End Snippet -->

I get the following error:

BuildException: C:\Program Files\IBM\Application
Developer\workspace\IndabWeb\ant\build.xml:34: java.io.IOException:
CreateProcess: cvs -d :extssh:jmattos@vc30:/usr/local/indabweb checkout
IndabWeb/webApplication error=2.

The package does exist, I can check it out using WinCVS, and I'm
connected to the repository in WSAD using that exact connection string.

Anyone have any ideas?

Here is a screenshot of the directory structure from which I'm working.

<<ScreenHunter_001.jpg>>

John