ant-user mailing list archives

From "Svetlin Stanchev" <>
Subject RE: CVS on Linux via SSH Problem from a Windows 2000 Machine
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 09:25:17 GMT
First make sure you are using from WinCVS the same command-line client,
cvs.exe (Admin->Preferences->WinCVS) used also by the build script (in
the Windows path).
Then, checkout with WinCVS and see in the log the exact command used by
Finally, encode the command using the <cvs/> task. If that is not
possible (<cvs/> implements only a subset of all command-line options)
then use
<exec/> passing all command line options (inclusive "cvs") as arguments.
Another helpful point is to have the package defined as module in the

-----Original Message-----
From: Mattos, John []
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 7:12 PM
To: ''
Cc: Mattos, John
Subject: CVS on Linux via SSH Problem from a Windows 2000 Machine

I'm having a problem checking out code via ANT on my Windows 2000
machine. The CVS repository and package are called indab and I access it
through ssh.

Here is a snippet of my build.xml

<!-- Snippet -->

<property name="src" location="temp/src"/>

<property name="dist" location="web"/>

<property name="cvssrc" location="${src}/indabWeb/source"/>

<property name="cvsRoot" value=":ext:jmattos@VC30:/usr/local/indab"/>
<!-- FIXME -->

<property name="cvsRsh" location="lib\putty\plink.exe"/>

<property name="passFile" location="lib\putty\rsa\key"/>

<cvs command="checkout -N" cvsRoot="${cvsRoot}" cvsRsh="${cvsRsh}"

                passfile="${passFile}" package="indab" dest="${src}"/>

<!-- End Snippet -->

I get the following error:

BuildException: C:\Program Files\IBM\Application
CreateProcess: cvs -d :extssh:jmattos@vc30:/usr/local/indabweb checkout
IndabWeb/webApplication error=2.

The package does exist, I can check it out using WinCVS, and I'm
connected to the repository in WSAD using that exact connection string.

Anyone have any ideas?

Here is a screenshot of the directory structure from which I'm working.