ant-user mailing list archives

From Zsolt Koppany <zkoppanyl...@intland.com>
Subject Very bad performance when I redirect the output of a command
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2003 06:10:09 GMT
Hi,

from an "ant" script when I execute a command with redirected output it
takes 9 sec. to execute a command what I can execute in 0.1 sec (10
times faster) from the console. I have even time to see how the size of
the output file increases with repeated "ls -l filename" in an other
window.  What is the reason? How can I fix that?

I use ant-1.5.4 with jdk1.4.1_04 Sun on Redhat-9.

Example:
<exec command="cvs log -l ${package}" outfile="${outputfile}" />

First I tried the <cvs command="log" ... and that does have the same
problem.

Zsolt