ant-user mailing list archives

From Mike <s...@sziisoft.com>
Subject RE: moving files in unix from windows
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 00:19:06 GMT
Since ANT is local-machine only (that I know of) you'll probably need
to something other than ANT (unless you GET/PUT using FTP and a temp
directory) to move files.  That's a hack, but it would work.

Obvious choices, in no particular order...

1)  Compile your kernel with SMBFS, load the samba packages, set-up
a samba server and Map a Drive to it.  Drag and drop..
2)  Buy an NFS client for Windows and remote-mount the directory.
3)  Use an ftp-client which has a robust commandline and use local-execs
4)  Use the ANT-supported FTP to upload. :)
5)  rsync the tree
6)  Get a good SSH client with command-line options (I won't propose
telnet/rsh for obvious reasons, though there's a number of options in
this realm.)
7)  Cron jobs and keyfile triggers.

The list goes on...  *wink*

Btw, I think #4 is just adding another <fileset> to your already-open
ftp session.

-Szii