ant-user mailing list archives

From "Antoine Levy-Lambert" <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject Re: How to make generic rules
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 15:20:45 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cyril BERION" <cberion@free.fr>
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2003 8:19 PM

> Hello ant users,
>
> I'm an old makefile user. Now i'm an ant user.
> But i haven't yet found a way to replace a powerfull functionality of
make: implicit rules and import of rule from a makefile in another makefile
(include).

ant 1.6alpha has <import/> which is like include

> In fact i need to overide some task in order to define implicit
properties.

> For example i want to set the compress attribute of jar task to false one
time for the full build file and not to set it for each jar task.

> How can i do this?

Use properties
<jar ... compress="${compress.setting}"/>

With ant1.5.3 you can make yourself a generic jar target which you can
invoke with antcall, passing parameters.

Cheers,

Antoine