ant-user mailing list archives

From "Matt Reason" <matt.rea...@movielink.com>
Subject RE: Job Ads?
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 10:15:07 GMT
"1. As a resident of the UK, I would regard a mail for a job in
California as junk and bin it immediately."

As a resident of the UK, you should regard a job in California as
salvation.

P.S.  Just kidding.
P.P.S.  I don't think job postings are good for this forum either.  If I
want a job, I know where to go.  I know what to search for. We should
put something on ant.jarkarta.org that tells employers to make sure
their posts are searchable by the word "ant"  or something.

-----Original Message-----
From: McDonnell Colm [mailto:Colm.McDonnell@uk.mizuho-sc.com]
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 1:07 AM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: Job Ads?

I would prefer not to see job ads on this list:

1. As a resident of the UK, I would regard a mail for a job in
California as junk and bin it immediately. Including job ads on this
list (it's an international mail list so no advertisor can accuately
target their job ad) would leave me in the same position but unable to
avoid the junk mail because I want to remain on this list. 2. It may
become harder to justify spending work time on this list if it includes
commercial emails (although this depends on the volume of commercial
emails).

If you do allow them could we at least agree:
1. A minimum set of information to be in them e.g. location, (brief) job
description, skill set, contact details 2. A standard message subject so
that people can automatcially filter them out if they want to.

This message and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of
the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you have
received this message in error
please delete it and any files transmitted with it, after notifying
postmaster@uk.mizuho-sc.com Any opinions expressed in this message may
be those of the author and not necessarily those of
the company.  The company accepts no responsibility for the accuracy or
completeness of any
information contained herein.  This message is not intended to create
legal relations between the
company and the recipient.
Recipients should please note that messages sent via the Internet may be
intercepted and that
caution should therefore be exercised before dispatching to the company
any confidential or
sensitive information.

Mizuho International plc
Bracken House, One Friday Street, London EC4M 9JA. TEL. 020 7236 1090
Registered in England No. 1203696. Registered office as above.
Authorised and regulated by the Financial
Services Authority. A member of the London Stock Exchange. A member of
Mizuho Financial Group headed
by Mizuho Financial Group, Inc.