ant-user mailing list archives

From "Andrei" <and...@netrom.ro>
Subject Ant Task - Details
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 06:50:11 GMT
        Simon, i 've already done that, but i think something missing.
This is what i've done so far.

        I have a project containing the package  be.unid.generate and i want to write an Ant
Task to perform some things. I made a class named
MyVeryOwnTask in the package extending the Task class.

Here is the class code:

package be.unid.generate;

import org.apache.tools.ant.Task;

public class MyVeryOwnTask extends Task {
    private String msg;

    // The method executing the task
        System.out.println(msg);
    }

    // The setter for the "message" attribute
    public void setMessage(String msg) {
        this.msg = msg;
    }
}

        In the Build File I added at the bigining the following:

         <taskdef name="mytask"
            classname="be.unid.generate.MyVeryOwnTask"
         />

and the target:

    <target name="task">
      <mytask message="Hello World! MyVeryOwnTask works!"/>
    </target>

and at build time i get the error :

taskdef class be.unid.generate.MyVeryOwnTask cannot be found and build process stops

What this means and what can i do?

                                                                            Andrei