ant-user mailing list archives

From "Antoine Levy-Lambert" <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject Re: Parsing cvs -nq update output
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:45:44 GMT
With cvs and the output attribute, you can capture cvs -nq update into a
file.

Then from this file, with a combination of linecontainsregexp and
replacetokens in a filter chain, you can get a list of all the files which
are listed with a ? at the beginning of the line for instance, let's say in
a property, supposing that you are nesting your filterchain in the
loadproperties task.

Then you could use this property to run <cvs>

<commandline>

<argument value="add"/>

<argument line="${new_files}"/>

</commandline>
                                                            </cvs>
There is just a danger that :
- you are running on Windows and some files contain embedded spaces
("C:/Program Files/)
- there are too many files ===> command line too long
Cheers,
Antoine