ant-user mailing list archives

From Philippe Waltregny <philippe.waltre...@nrb.be>
Subject Upgrading ANT in WSAD 5
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 13:18:29 GMT
Hello,

I'm working with IBM WebSphere Studio Application Developer v. 5.0.1
which associates the version 1.4.1 of Ant.

However, I need some new Ant tasks like <input> for instance.
Consequently I've to upgrade the current Ant version within WSAD to a
newer version for instance the 1.5.1 one whose < lib > directory
contains :
-          ant.jar
-          optional.jar
-          xercesImpl.jar
-          xml-apis.jar

After having read the article < WebSpherePro Developer Tips June 5, 2003
Upgrading ANT in WSAD 5.0 > I've perfomed the following operations :
-          Delete the ant.jar and jakarta-ant-optional.jar jar files
from the < C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere
Studio\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.ant_1.4.1 > directory
-          Copy ant.jar and optional.jar into the same directory
-          Update the classpath in WSAD Window/Preferences/External
Tools/Ant/Remove, then Add Jar. to have
+ C:/Ant/jakarta-ant-1.5.1/lib/ant.jar
+ C:/Ant/jakarta-ant-1.5.1/lib/optional.jar
+ C:/Program Files/IBM/WebSphere
Studio/eclipse/plugins/org.apache.xerces-4.0.7/xercesImpl.jar
+ C:/Program Files/IBM/WebSphere
Studio/eclipse/plugins/org.apache.xerces-4.0.7/xmlParserAPIs.jar
-          Update the plugin.xml XML file like this :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<plugin
  name="%pluginName"
  id="org.apache.ant"
  version="1.4.1"
  provider-name="%providerName">

  <requires>
    <import plugin="org.apache.xerces"/>
  </requires>

  <runtime>
    <library name="ant.jar">
      <export name="*"/>
    </library>
    <library name="optional.jar">
      <export name="*"/>
    </library>
  </runtime>

</plugin>

When I restart WSAD 5 and execute the build.xml file, I've the following
answer :

            Run Ant Problem
            Problems reading ANT build file :
/XnetWar/META-INF/build.xml
            XML parser factory has nt been configured correctly :
Provider for javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory cannot be found.

How to solve this problem ?

Thank you in advance.

Philippe Waltregny
 mailto:philippe.waltregny@nrb.be