ant-user mailing list archives

From "Eric Chow" <ec...@macaucabletv.com>
Subject Unknown errors Logging exception in Ant? Please give me a hand!!!
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 09:58:57 GMT
Hi,

The followig is the exception when I build the project.
Ant: 1.5.3
JDK1.4.2
Win98

Here is one part of my build.xml
<target name="all" depends="init" description="Executes all the modules and
build everything.">
      <record name="build.log" append="false" loglevel="info"
action="start"/>

      <antcall target="clean"/>
      <antcall target="common:prepareModule"/>
      <antcall target="xdoclet.ejb"/>
      <antcall target="compile"/>
      <antcall target="common:jspc"/>

      <antcall target="xdoclet.web"/>
      <antcall target="xdoclet.app"/>

      <antcall target="common:package"/>

      <record name="build.log" action="stop"/>
</target>

The above <target> causes the below exceptions. But if I change the above
content to the following, it will not display the following exception
messages.

<target name="all" depends="init" description="Executes all the modules and
build everything.">
      <record name="build.log" append="false" loglevel="info"
action="start"/>

      <antcall target="clean"/>
      <antcall target="common:prepareModule"/>
      <antcall target="xdoclet"/>
      <antcall target="compile"/>
      <antcall target="common:jspc"/>
      <antcall target="common:package"/>

      <record name="build.log" action="stop"/>
</target>

<target name="xdoclet">
   <antcall target="xdoclet.ejb"/>
   <antcall target="xdoclet.web"/>
   <antcall target="xdoclet.app"/>
</target>

It's very strange, please give me a hand.

Eric

org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JCategoryLog does not implement Log
 at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.ja
va:555)
 at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.ja
va:289)
 at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:409)
 at xdoclet.util.LogUtil.getLog(LogUtil.java:26)
 at xdoclet.loader.ModuleFinder.findModules(ModuleFinder.java:116)
 at xdoclet.DocletTask.registerModules(DocletTask.java:534)
 at xdoclet.DocletTask.createDynamicElement(DocletTask.java:334)
 at
org.apache.tools.ant.IntrospectionHelper.createElement(IntrospectionHelper.j
ava:510)
 at
org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.handleChildren(UnknownElement.java:239)
 at
org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.maybeConfigure(UnknownElement.java:122)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:336)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1339)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.execute(Ant.java:397)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.CallTarget.execute(CallTarget.java:143)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:336)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1339)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.execute(Ant.java:397)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.CallTarget.execute(CallTarget.java:143)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:336)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1339)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1255)
 at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.start(Main.java:196)
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JCategoryLog does not implement Log
 at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogFactoryI
mpl.java:420)
 at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.ja
va:548)
 ... 29 more
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JCategoryLog does not implement Log
 at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getLogConstructor(LogFactoryI
mpl.java:416)
 ... 30 more