ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: "too many open files" IOException
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2003 07:52:58 GMT
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Dan Guerrero <Dan.Guerrero@tvguide.com> wrote:

> I get a "java.io.IOException: Too many open files" during an ant
> build.  How can I eliminate this error?

Hard to say without knowing what is causing the problem.  Is it always
the same task that is causing it?  Is it a specific sequence of tasks?

Maybe you are simply running a task that really needs more resources
than your current user is allowed to use, then there is nothing you
can do other than increase the amout of files the user may open (or
make your admin increase it).

On the other hand, you may have found a resource leak in Ant (a task
that's not closing files after it is done with them).

Stefan