ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CVS.exe for Ant
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 08:33:05 GMT
On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I just did a web search and found the NetBeans Java
> CVS Client library... the license (SPL) looks like it
> should be compatible with the Apache license, though
> I'm far from expert on such matters.

AFAIK it is compatible enough to allow classes within Ant to rely on
that code (the Mozilla license is, and the SPL is mostly the same with
changed copyright owners).  Distributing SPLed code may be different,
but this is something we don't do with Ant anyways.

> a developer rewriting <cvs>

Just one comment on "rewrite" here, we will always need a version of
<cvs> that relies on the cvs executable and nothing else for backwards
compatibility.  And this must work without specifying anything
additional on <cvs>.

The easiest way may be: don't rewrite <cvs>, write a new task with a
different name (or a set of tasks).

Stefan