ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CVS.exe for Ant
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2003 06:42:38 GMT
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Robert H. Anderson <Anderson.Robert@menlolog.com>
wrote:

> It would be nice if the cvs tasks were rewritten to use a java cvs
> implementation rather than the native cvs binary for the os.

That would simply trade one dependency for another, no?

> Is there a java cvs implementation that is prefered?

It depends on what you want to do with the task.  The very first CVS
implementation I've seen was jCVS which was GPLed and thus completely
out of question some three years ago - I never went back to check.

I don't know the code Eclipse or NetBeans use, but my personal
requirements would be:

* must use a license compatible with the one I want to use for my task
  (which my case would rule out (L)GPL but your requirement may be
  different).

* must be available without installing the full IDE

* must support local, pserver and ext.

* must support ext with ssh as remote shell.

Stefan