ant-user mailing list archives

From "Antoine Levy-Lambert" <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject Re: ftp task
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 09:52:23 GMT
"Blanchet Samuel" <sblanchet@sopragroup.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:2B77C2DE2313254A9065D1C3B68A0CFE32E5C2@nt1022.pa.sopra...
Hi,

>I've downloaded and installed the commons-net-1.0.0.jar library

Are you on ant1.6 or ant 1.5 ?

for ant1.5 you need netcomponents, not commons-net.

>No public execute() in class org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP

The error message No public execute() would happen if ant is trying to
execute a task, and the corresponding class does not have an execute method.

I would understand this message if someone had written in

org/apache/tools/taskdefs/defaults.properties
ftp=org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTP

Which version of ant are you using ?

If you are using ant1.6alpha, check whether the
org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/net/FTP.class
is present in the distro that you are using.

Send the output of ant -verbose, it might help.

Antoine