ant-user mailing list archives

From Weiqi Gao <weiqi....@nisc.cc>
Subject StarTeam checkout task behavior changes between 1.5.1 and 1.5.3
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 16:53:08 GMT
Hi,

I have observed some behavioral changed of the StarTeam checkout task
stcheckout between Ant 1.5.1 and Ant 1.5.3.

I'm using the task this way:
   <target name="checkout">
     <stcheckout username="me"
             password="mysecret"
             url="myserver:49201/myproject/myproject"
             rootstarteamfolder="java"
             createworkingdirs="true"
             includes="*"
             excludes="*Src.jar"
             deleteuncontrolled="true"/>
   </target>

I switched from using Ant 1.5.1 to Ant 1.5.3 last week, and experienced
two changes of behavior:

1. An empty set of working directories is created in the directory where
I run the build.  Although the actual checked out files are in the
correct place (the StarTeam default working folder as setup in the
StarTeam GUI).

2. The stcheckout task doesn't seem to delete all the files that are NOT
in StarTeam anymore, even though I have set deleteuncontolled to true.

Both were working properly in Ant 1.5.1 but not in 1.5.3.

We are using StarTeam 5.2.118 and the StarGate Runtime 5.2.

TIA,
--
Weiqi Gao
weiqigao@networkusa.net