ant-user mailing list archives

From Darin Swanson <>
Subject Re: Build Successful Message
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 18:27:43 GMT
Eclipse does have its own build loggers for the exact reasons that Antoine
We do try hard to present similar output to when Ant is used from the
command line.
If there is a difference that seems like a bug (as in this case), use the
Eclipse newsgroups ( and the Eclipse bugzilla
( to report the problem

"Antoine Levy-Lambert" <>
07/29/03 02:42 AM
Please respond to "Ant Users List"

        To:     "Ant Users List" <>
        Subject:        Re: Build Successful Message

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vikas Phonsa" <>
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 1:18 AM

> I am running my build in Eclipse WSDC IDE. But I have seen the "Build
> Successful" message in IDE,a lot of times it just doesn't appear.
> I am not sure what a default logger is but I am sure I have not made any
> attempt to change the logger.
The default logger is the piece of code which displays output from your
when you start ant from the command line.

IDE's most likely supply their own logger, so that the IDE's can connect
events happening in ant with specific locations in your build files, and
allow you for instance to find the error location quickly if something
wrong, ...

A non default logger may for instance make the border of the box
ant output in the IDE green instead of printing a message "BUILD

I do not know Eclipse, so I dont know how a build in Eclipse visually

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: