ant-user mailing list archives

From Michael.Gir...@Bull.com
Subject Re: Unable to delete directory
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 15:01:36 GMT

The patch that I tested
1. attempts to delete the directory
2. if delete fails, does a sleep for 10ms then tries once more to delete.

Michael

|         |           Daniel Barclay   |
|         |           <Daniel.Barclay@f|
|         |           gm.com>          |
|         |           07/15/2003 07:57 |
|         |           "Ant Users List" |

Michael.Giroux@Bull.com wrote:

>...  my ant script ran successfully with no
> errors reported by the delete task.
>
> I'm not sure if 10ms is enough sleep for the general case, but it seems
> have solved my problem.  It might be necessary to provide some means to
> configure the sleep value, but it works on my system as proposed.

Does it just sleep and then proceed, or does it also wait for successful
deletion?

If the former case:  Do the latter case.  (Delaying without synchronizing
is not a general fix, and the time-dependent behavior will be a bear to
debug.)

Daniel