ant-user mailing list archives

From Michael.Gir...@Bull.com
Subject Re: Unable to delete directory
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2003 15:28:34 GMT

I have just downloaded the nightly build for 7/14/03, and I do not see the
suggested changes for delete.  Has there been an agreement to include this
change?  If so, when might I see a build containing the fix?

Michael Giroux

|         |           "Antoine         |
|         |           Levy-Lambert"    |
|         |           <antoine@antbuild|
|         |           .com>            |
|         |           07/11/2003 01:53 |
|         |           "Ant Users List" |

  |       To:       "Ant Users List" <user@ant.apache.org>
                             |
  |       cc:
                       |
  |       Subject:  Re: Unable to delete directory

Hi Peter,
This problem also happens actually on Windows 2000. I see this problem
happening when I run the whole ant test suite. Occasionnally and randomly,
one test or the other will generate an error, typically in the cleanup
phase
when a directory gets deleted. If I retry the failing test afterwards, the
error will have vanished. If I rerun the testsuite, then 0 to 3 tests are
going to fail similarly.
I have a virus checker running on my PC, it might be true that the problem
occurs due to it, I never had the idea before.
The fix you are suggesting looks like a good idea, but the delete method
should rather be added to FileUtils so that it gains more visibility.
Antoine