ant-user mailing list archives

From "John Trevor" <>
Subject RE: [apache-ant] Digest Number 906
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 06:27:59 GMT

I gave up on cpptasks as well, and used the <exec> and <apply> to accomplish
the same thing even to the stage of running installshield. My executables
run ok, what method did you use?

I haven't looked at the java code except to see where it used the "fo".
I had a message from Curt Arnold as follows;
Questions about cpptask should be asked on

I've forward a previous message about a problem with Borland C++ 6. The
problem appears to be in BorlandProcessor.getOutputFileSwitch() which
should do nothing but adds a -fo"filename" option. I haven't had time to
research why this didn't show up earlier, perhaps BCC 5.5 ignores it, or
for potential side-effects.

-----Original Message-----
Subject: [apache-ant] Digest Number 906
Message: 17
   Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:52:25 +1000
   From: David Wright <>
Subject: RE: Digest Number 904

We are at the same point then. I removed the -fo only to realise the
sequence of obj and exe are not correct and I can not find out how to
correct the sequence to be as documented:

ILINK32 [@resp file] [options] start-up myobjs, [exe], [map file],
[libraries], [def file], [res file]

The doco says the Obj files come before the exe and are comma separated and
I can't get this to work either.

The exe I have finally created by hacking the cpp-tasks java source does not
even run, it crashes on start-up.

I decided last night to use a combination of Ant and Makefiles for our build
process until the cpp-tasks bcc component is documented more.

Maybe we could work on getting it documented?

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message