ant-user mailing list archives

From David McTavish <dmctav...@sandvine.com>
Subject RE: Is there a way?
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2003 14:33:18 GMT
What would be nice is if all of these "dependencies" could be packaged in a
single file, similar to how ant-contrib is done. I know my first few times
trying to use optional tasks was a pain, trying to hunt down all of the
required libraries and executables. Perhaps, if all of the dependent
libraries of optional tasks are open-source or under a similar license to
the Apache license, that they could all be bundled together and distributed
as ant-depend or something. I don't think it would be too difficult to
implement, and would be a huge boon over having to hunt and peck every file
you need to download.

d.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 10:30 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: Is there a way?

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Avery Marvin R. <Marvin.R.Avery@irs.gov> wrote:

> Isn't everything that's needed to make this work packaged in 1.6

No, it isn't.  The same is true for many other optional tasks.  See
either the library-dependencies section in the Installation part of
the manual or the manual pages of the tasks (the manual page for
sshexec and scp say what the tasks need and where to get it).

The ssh tasks require JSch <http://www.jcraft.com/jsch/index.html>.
JSch in turn needs JCE to work.  If you are running JDK 1.4, you
already have JCE, otherwise you'll need to install a JCE provider -
there are provider for JDK 1.2 and 1.3 available from Sun as well as
from Bouncycastle, links to them can be found at JSch's site.

Stefan