ant-user mailing list archives

From "W. Sean Hennessy" <shenne...@goldenhourdata.com>
Subject RE: [BUG]
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:28:46 GMT
I do not agree with your classification that this a [BUG] neither a relation to the Ant genus-species.
Ant is correctly passing along the platform's ${file.separator}.
Which emacs trips up on as the windows file.separator is hard to pronounce with a lisp. ;-p

It's been too long since I was schemeing with DSSSL.
I would think there is an emacs equivalent to ${file.separator}
one could use in the filepath-transform-win32-to-cygwin?

-----Original Message-----
From: evenson@panix.com [mailto:evenson@panix.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 5:14 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: [BUG]

Using the cygwin port of of GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (running on a Windows 2000
pre-SP4host ), I have a bad interaction between Ant 1.5.3-1 and next-error
of compile mode that results in Emacs being unable to "automatically" visit
the source of errors.

To wit:

With M-x compile invoked with "ant -emacs" one gets errors like:

cd ~/work/cs9/
ant -find build.xml
Searching for build.xml ...
Buildfile: C:\cygwin\home\evenson\work\cs9\build.xml

classes:

compile:
Compiling 2 source files to C:\cygwin\home\evenson\work\cs9\classes
C:\cygwin\home\evenson\work\cs9\src\org\unodc\data\sql\BaseQueryCommand.java:21:
';' expected
  protected BaseQueryCommand(String databaseURL, String username, String
  password)
                                                                                  ^
C:\cygwin\home\evenson\work\cs9\src\org\unodc\data\sql\BaseQueryCommand.java:40:
'class' or 'interface' expected
}
^
C:\cygwin\home\evenson\work\cs9\src\org\unodc\data\sql\BaseQueryCommand.java:41:
'class' or 'interface' expected
^
C:\cygwin\home\evenson\work\cs9\src\org\unodc\data\sql\GetTable.java:17:
illegal start of expression
  }
[...]

When 'next-error' is invoked, the appropiate string
(i.e.
"C:\cygwin\home\evenson\work\cs9\src\org\unodc\data\sql\BaseQueryCommand.java")
is correctly parsed by the regexp within compile.el, but it is not a valid
argument for "find-file" and its ilk, as the cygwin environment provides
POSIX emulation of filesystem mountpoints (i.e. forward slashes, mount
points syntactically grafted to root).

cygwin has a commandline utility in "cygpath" that will translate back and
forth from these conventions.  So no problem, I thought, as the
compile.el variable "compilation-parse-errors-filename-function" will make
a pass over this tranformational pass, so I whipped up a function like:

      (defun filepath-transform-win32-to-cygwin (filepath)
	     (shell-command-to-string (concat "cygpath -u " filepath)))

and then

       (setq compilation-parse-errors-filename-function
	     'filepath-transform-win32-to-cygwin)

But now the default choice that pops up in the minibuffer is the filepath
stripped of all filepath separators
("C:cygwinhomeevensonworkcs9srcorgunodcdatasqlBaseQueryCommand.java").

This is where I have to go back to work, and would appreciate advice on how
to proceed further if anyone can offer it, as the use of backslash "\" in
Emacs string types has always confused my meagre elisp skills.

Or alternatively, is there a way to tell Ant to emit UNIX style paths?