ant-user mailing list archives

From "WERNER,WOLFGANG (HP-Germany,ex1)" <wer...@hp.com>
Subject AW: ZipOutputStream, special characters and encodings
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 08:51:04 GMT
>> but after dumping its ZipEntry to a ZipOutputStream, it is
>> corrupted.

>In what way?  How do you verify that corruption?
A file named "Publication äüö Master.java" becomes "Publication Sn÷
Master.java" in the zip file and can not be extracted due to not matching
filename.

>Note that Java's ZipInputStream and ZipFile classes won't be able to
>properly parse those names back (like ZipOutputStream the only
>encoding those classes support is UTF-8).
I just leared that the filenames com encoded in Cp1252, but reading the
statement above, that doesn't change anything.
I understand that I can encode in and out streams to whatever encoding, but
this does not change anything. Right?

>Ant's CVS HEAD contains a ZipFile class that doesn't suffer from that
>problem, but needs some extended testing - all help is welcome 8-)
I think using ant's ZipFile and helping to fix any possibly occuring bugs is
the best option for us :)
Do you plan to patch your ZipInputStream in that way too?

>Stefan

Thank you for the quick reply,
Wolfgang