ant-user mailing list archives

From Avery Marvin R <>
Subject RE: problem with input task
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 14:11:07 GMT
Thanks Stefan.

Actually the input task is working (using the SWT-InputHandler), I
just wasn't aware of how it works (you must enter the valid arg
BEFORE the OK button becomes active).

I would like for the command line invocation to work as it does from
eclipse, so it looks like I'll get to write my first ant task!

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig []
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 1:32 AM
Subject: Re: problem with input task

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Avery Marvin R. <> wrote:

> 1) When I execute this target (from eclipse), it won't allow me to
> enter a value (the OK button is grayed out.

OK button?  Does that mean Eclipse contains an SWT-InputHandler? Cool.

Ant itself doesn't provide a GUI dialog for <input>, it must be
something that's specific to the Eclipse/Ant integration.

> 2) When I invoke "ant -debug getinput" from a DOS prompt, it just
> hangs.

When you run Ant from the command line, it will use Ant's
DefaultInputHandler which expects you to type the input in your DOS
box and hit RETURN.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: