ant-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Steve Cohen" <>
Subject RE: [Patch] Re: StarTeam checkout task behavior changes between 1.5.1 and 1.5.3
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 22:13:13 GMT
Please submit this as a bug report to Bugzilla.  The place your patch is
changing is used in many situations other than the one you are
interested in and would almost certainly have negative consequences in
some other context.  What you are trying to fix needs to be fixed in a
different way.

-----Original Message-----
From: Weiqi Gao [] 
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2003 4:58 PM
Subject: [Patch] Re: StarTeam checkout task behavior changes between
1.5.1 and 1.5.3

Weiqi Gao wrote:
> Hi,
> I have observed some behavioral changed of the StarTeam checkout task
> stcheckout between Ant 1.5.1 and Ant 1.5.3.
> I'm using the task this way:
>   <target name="checkout">
>     <stcheckout username="me"
>             password="mysecret"
>             url="myserver:49201/myproject/myproject"
>             rootstarteamfolder="java"
>             createworkingdirs="true"
>             includes="*"
>             excludes="*Src.jar"
>             deleteuncontrolled="true"/>
>   </target>
> I switched from using Ant 1.5.1 to Ant 1.5.3 last week, and 
> experienced
> two changes of behavior:
> 1. An empty set of working directories is created in the directory 
> where
> I run the build.  Although the actual checked out files are in the 
> correct place (the StarTeam default working folder as setup in the 
> StarTeam GUI).
> 2. The stcheckout task doesn't seem to delete all the files that are 
> in StarTeam anymore, even though I have set deleteuncontolled to true.
> Both were working properly in Ant 1.5.1 but not in 1.5.3.
> We are using StarTeam 5.2.118 and the StarGate Runtime 5.2.

I have tracked it down to this line of code in

localrootfolder = starteamrootfolder.getPathFragment();

On my system, this returns the final portion of my starteamrootfolder 
rather than the full path of the default working folder, which was what 
we want.

For my build file, I have
and the localrootfolder gets set to "cccc" after this line.

The correct value should be "C:/myproject/aaaa/bbbb/cccc", which can be 
gotten by calling getPath() instead of getPathFragment() on 

A patch is attached.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message