ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <>
Subject RE: viewcvs or ant?
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2003 16:18:28 GMT
Took 10 minutes for me on a sandbox with 24,000 files (lets assume 1/3 to
1/2 are generated)... People have complained before that Ant's parsing of
the CVS command output is long, compared to the Perl version of ChangeLog
for example.

Run Ant's ChangeLog task in verbose or debug mode to pick up the cvs command
executed, CTRL-C, then execute the same command from the prompt, redirecting
the output to a file. Compare the time it took to the time ChangeLog takes,
and you'll have an idea of the overhead of the parsing and styling of the
change log. --DD

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message