ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <>
Subject RE: JFunc +ant
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 17:15:06 GMT
"Use one test object for a series of tests,
rather than the one test instance per test"
Can be achieved easily with static members... And JUnit also does this using
test decorators

"Not to mention tests can take arguments..."
Then they're not unit tests anymore!!!

I've very often written test utility methods that take arguments, which are
called from the actual test methods. We also write generic abstract
interface tests here which are composed by the concrete impls tests.

Really, one doesn't need anything beside JUnit. Even the new test framework
from Bill Venners doesn't cut it compared to JUnit. --DD

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message