ant-user mailing list archives

From "Keith Hatton" <khat...@axiomsystems.com>
Subject <ant> and build failure
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:14:45 GMT
Hi all,

task while an application server is running.

What I would like to be able to do is prevent the user from thinking all is well if any of
the test cases fail. I can set a property in <junit> on failure, and <fail> the
build if this is set ... but this is all going on in the <ant> task of the master build
file.

If I do this, at the moment the net result is my build hangs ... I think one thread of the
<parallel> task has failed and so nothing is stopping the application server (which
would stop the other thread).

Is there any way to set a property in <ant> if the called file/target fails, rather
than just fail (apparently silently)? I couldn't see a "failonerror" or "failure" attribute
in the manual (1.5.3.1) but I think this would be useful. Any other suggestions on how to
achieve this welcome.

Thanks,
Keith