ant-user mailing list archives

From "Keith Hatton" <khat...@axiomsystems.com>
Subject Junit/JunitReport in Ant 1.5.3.1/1.6alpha
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2003 09:36:23 GMT
Hi all,

Something is puzzling me here.

I am trying to get the System.out/System.err into the HTML reports from the JUnit test cases
I have (yes, I know, tests shouldn't need to output, etc., etc., but ...).

Option 1: There was a previous thread about this suggesting the XSL file needed to be patched,
so I did that to my Ant 1.5.3.1 install from CVS. I can see the changes in the spreadsheet
but the generated report does not give me System.out or System.err links, despite these tags
being present in the XML.

Option 2: I downloaded the latest nightly build (20030724) and tried to run with that. Having
added junit.jar and xalan.jar to ANT_HOME/lib, I am still getting NoClassDefFound errors running
junit. However, if I don't delete the TEST-xxx.xml files before running, (so they were generated
with 1.5.3.1), the junitreport shows System.out and System.err just fine.
(Error from Ant 1.6 alpha is:)
    [junit] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/Node
    [junit]     at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    [junit]     at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:120)
    [junit]     at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.FormatterElement.createFormatter(FormatterElement.java:236)
    [junit]     at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.FormatterElement.createFormatter(FormatterElement.java:220)
    [junit]     at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.createAndStoreFormatter(JUnitTestRunner.java:564)
    [junit]     at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.main(JUnitTestRunner.java:509)
    [junit] Exception in thread "main"

Does anyone have any clues for how to fix this? I'd rather get it working with 1.5.3.1, but
ultimately, either option will do for me.

Thanks
Keith