ant-user mailing list archives

From "Murray, Mike B." <...@ptc.com>
Subject RE: InheritAll=false Leaves Java System Properties Undefined
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 14:34:11 GMT
You are correct.  I even modified your test to more closely mimic what I am doing and I can't
get it to "fail".  Yet, when I run my real targets, verbose output gives me:
	Property ${file.separator} has not been set
	Setting project property: file.sep -> \${file.separator}

I am able to work around this problem by passing it as a param:
	 <param name="file.separator" value="${file.separator}"/>

Apparently, I'm missing some other unique aspect of my true scenario.  I'll have to revisit
it later.

Thanks for looking into it.

-----Original Message-----
From: peter reilly [mailto:peter.reilly@corvil.com]
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 7:08 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: InheritAll=false Leaves Java System Properties Undefined

I do not see this problem,
using a build script:

<project default="call">
  <target name="call">
    <antcall target="callee" InheritAll="false"/>
  </target>

  <target name="callee">
    <echo>ant.home is ${ant.home}</echo>
  </target>
</project>

The result is:

Buildfile: build.xml

call:

callee:
     [echo] ant.home is /home/preilly/apps/apache-ant-1.5.3-1

Peter

On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 04:39, Murray, Mike B. wrote:
> When using InheritAll=false for Ant and AntCall tasks, this seems to leave the "built-in"
system properties from Java undefined.  Is there anyway to cause these to be initialized,
or do I have to resort to passing each required system property down from the calling build
script?