ant-user mailing list archives

From Bob Barnes <gand...@cal.net>
Subject Newbie using Ant with Eclipse
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 02:23:41 GMT
Hi,

    I'm new to Eclipse and a total neophyte with Ant. I'm trying to use
Ant build files to generate jar files as part of my Eclipse project
build. I've succeeded in getting most things to build and create proper
jar files, but I'm having two problems. First of all I have a directory
structure something like:

a/bin
b/bin
c/bin

   Each bin directory contains an Ant created jar file. The jar file in
a/bin needs to include the jar files built in b/bin and c/bin, but I
can't seem to figure out how to reference those directories from a. Is
there a way to reference files from one directory to another when the
base directories are at the same level?

   Second question is that the jar files are being compressed. As far as
I can tell I'm not explicitly requesting compression. Is there a way to
create a jar file that uncompressed?

TIA,

Bob