ant-user mailing list archives

From Euan Guttridge <EGuttri...@buildonline.com>
Subject RE: viewcvs or ant? (FAO Dominique)
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2003 19:37:15 GMT
Hi Dominique,

I would still be interested in your thoughts on why this is happening:

It took 10 seconds for CVS to run the log command.. Surely Ant would not
take 1.5 hours just to parse and style?

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominique Devienne [mailto:DDevienne@lgc.com]
Sent: 18 July 2003 17:18
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: viewcvs or ant?

Took 10 minutes for me on a sandbox with 24,000 files (lets assume 1/3 to
1/2 are generated)... People have complained before that Ant's parsing of
the CVS command output is long, compared to the Perl version of ChangeLog
for example.

Run Ant's ChangeLog task in verbose or debug mode to pick up the cvs command
executed, CTRL-C, then execute the same command from the prompt, redirecting
the output to a file. Compare the time it took to the time ChangeLog takes,
and you'll have an idea of the overhead of the parsing and styling of the
change log. --DD