ant-user mailing list archives

From "Murphy, Tom (T06)" <Thomas.Mur...@ngc.com>
Subject is CURR_TOMCAT_HOME a reserved env. variable?
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2003 18:50:34 GMT
Setup:
Unix
Java1.3.1

In my .profile, I set the environment variable CURR_TOMCAT_HOME to
/foobar/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24.  On the command line I can see the value:

> echo $CURR_TOMCAT_HOME
/foobar/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24

But when I try to reference it in my build.xml file, I get nothing.  I can
use CURR_ANT_HOME and even CURR_TIMCAT_HOME <sic/>.  Using the -debug flag,
I see

 [property] Loading Environment env.
. . .
Setting project property: env.E -> /foobar/jakarta-tomcat-4.1
. . .
Setting project property: env.CURR_ANT_HOME -> /foobar/jakarta-ant.1.5.1
Setting project property: env.CURR_TIMCAT_HOME ->
/foobar/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24
. . .
Property ${env.CURR_TOMCAT_HOME} has not been set

It looks like that "env.E" line represents some sort of defective attempt to
read the CURR_TOMCAT_HOME line.

Anyway, I can get around this by using some other env. variable (TIMCAT,
anyone?), but I'm stumped by what I see.  Did a grep for CURR_TOMCAT_HOME in
the Tomcat's bin and conf subdirectories and Ant's bin subdirectory and
didn't see anything.

Is there something I should know about CURR_TOMCAT_HOME?  Are there other
env. variables that are troublesome to Ant?