ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bui Dinh Chien" <Chie...@fsoft.com.vn>
Subject RE: How to import/export source/classes into/from Eclipse
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 12:09:40 GMT
Hi Glanville,
I dont know so much about Eclipse, but as I saw, in Esclipse has an
function is using Ant to build. So I think that with an Eclipse project,
if I have an Ant build.xml file for this project, I can use Ant copy
function to do import and export task, use ant javac function to do
compile task. I dont know about Eclipse project's files, as I saw, it
has a .project file and a .classpath file. But I think that is not
important for my job, I have to do import, export and compile only.
What do you think about my idea?

Chienbui

-----Original Message-----
From: Glanville, Jay [mailto:Jay.Glanville@NaturalConvergence.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 6:56 PM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: How to import/export source/classes into/from Eclipse

Hello Chienbui.

Nope.   That really doesn't help that much.  So, I'll tell you what I
know
and let you use that for your own purposes.

In Eclipse, you need to set up a project (for this example, I'll name it
Proj).  Set the project contents to a directory (eg: c:\proj).  In the
project, set the source directory (eg: c:\proj\src) and output directory
(eg: c:\proj\output).  Note that these are sub directories of the
project
dir.  Next, setup Eclipse to refresh the project upon startup (Window ->
Preferences -> Workbench -> Refresh Workplace on startup).  This will
tell
Eclipse to look at your project and ensure that the class files are up
date with your source files.  Now you can shut down Eclipse and look in
your
output directory for the classes.

Hope this helps.

JDG