ant-user mailing list archives

From "Harkness, David" <DHarkn...@sonypictures.com>
Subject RE: Conditional Statement
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 22:58:56 GMT
First, <input> is what you need. For example,

  <input message="Enter a commit message:" addproperty="p4.commit.msg"/>

IIRC, you said you're using Eclispe. If so, someone else on this list
said that when running Ant in Eclipse, it pops up a dialog box rather
than entering text in a shell. Either way, you can also create your own
InputHandler (sp?) to create a dialog box if you want to.

Next, you can write that to a file I believe using <echo>, but I haven't
tried this. Someone else was talking about doing this a couple days ago.

Finally, the <if> task from ant-contrib or Antelope would allow you to
start by reading the property file (or use <available> to test if the
file exists) and testing for the presence of the property.

Of course, you don't need the <if> tasks -- you can use <target ...
if="" ...> instead. I, however, don't like creating so many targets for
such a simple if test. YMMV.

David Harkness
Sony Pictures Digital Networks
(310) 482-4756