ant-user mailing list archives

From "Harkness, David" <DHarkn...@sonypictures.com>
Subject RE: why not conditions on tasks as on targets?
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 18:07:33 GMT
> [W]hy is it that when I ask a fairly simple-to-understand question
> I get the answer to a different question?

<tongue-in-cheek>
Being the Ant *users* list, I assumed you needed to know how to *use*
Ant. As the <if> task isn't part of the base Ant product, I also assumed
you didn't know about it -- thus your question.

Since you want to know the reasons for the design decisions that the Ant
*developers* made, you might try the Ant *developers* mailing list.
:p~~~
</tongue-in-cheek>

Sorry, I couldn't resist, but honestly I was just trying to help. Not
being a mind reader, I had to draw a few conclusions from your question.
Guess I missed.

Peace,

David Harkness
Sony Pictures Digital Networks