ant-user mailing list archives

From "Harkness, David" <DHarkn...@sonypictures.com>
Subject RE: Newbie using Ant with Eclipse
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 02:56:15 GMT
If you know that a, b, and c are at the same level (which you stated,
but just to make sure), you can access one from the other using normal
path semantics (".." goes "up" one directory level):

  In a:     ../b/bin
  In a/bin: ../../b/bin

As for JAR compression:

  http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/jar.html
  compress: Not only store data but also compress them, defaults to true

Just use <jar ... Compress="no" ...> to disable it.

David Harkness
Sony Pictures Digital Networks
(310) 482-4756

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Barnes [mailto:gandalf@cal.net]
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 7:24 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Newbie using Ant with Eclipse

Hi,

    I'm new to Eclipse and a total neophyte with Ant. I'm trying to use
Ant build files to generate jar files as part of my Eclipse project
build. I've succeeded in getting most things to build and create proper
jar files, but I'm having two problems. First of all I have a directory
structure something like:

a/bin
b/bin
c/bin

   Each bin directory contains an Ant created jar file. The jar file in
a/bin needs to include the jar files built in b/bin and c/bin, but I
can't seem to figure out how to reference those directories from a. Is
there a way to reference files from one directory to another when the
base directories are at the same level?

   Second question is that the jar files are being compressed. As far as

I can tell I'm not explicitly requesting compression. Is there a way to
create a jar file that uncompressed?

TIA,

Bob