ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kay Keppler" <kkepp...@Fawcette.com>
Subject RE: Ant book review in JavaPro July 2003
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 21:17:24 GMT
Hi Dominique,

Thanks for your letter. I'm familiar with the issues, because I was cc'ed on a thread Erik
and Claude exchanged about this. If you'd like to write a letter to the editor for publication,
I'd be happy to publish it. Erik seemed to want to let it go, but we could get something in
to the October issue (September is now gone to press).

Thanks,
Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominique Devienne [mailto:DDevienne@lgc.com]
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 11:16 AM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Cc: Kay Keppler
Subject: Ant book review in JavaPro July 2003

Claude Duguay reviewed "Ant Developer's handbook" in JavaPro July 2003 by
Alan Williamson, Joey Gibson, Kirk pepperdine, and Andy Wu.

He claims that it's the only Ant book that covers Ant 1.5... when we all
know Steve and Erik's book covered it first (Remember, they helped get it
out the door ;-). He even implies that given the fact that it's the 'most
current' Ant book, it's the better one... That remains to be confirmed by
someone more knowledgeable about Ant I guess. I don't know the authors, as I
don't recall seeing them on the Ant lists, but time will tell whether this
book is indeed superior to the H&L. --DD