ant-user mailing list archives

From Amitav C <Amita...@tavant.com>
Subject RE: Getting out of memory while doing weblogic.appc using ant
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 07:30:19 GMT

Thanks Denial.
Its works

Amitav
-----Original Message-----
From: Grenner Daniel [mailto:Daniel.Grenner@tetrapak.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 12:36
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: Getting out of memory while doing weblogic.appc using ant

There is a second memory parameter for appc that might help and it is
-J-mx256m (or however much memory you need). The reason for that is that
appc creates a new javac process, and the second process needs separate
memory settings. The settings to the second process is set through the -J
options. The feature is not very well documented, but can be found somewhere
deep in BEA's documentation.

I used the -J option successfully, although I was using the ejbjar ant task
instead of calling it with java directly. There the options should be set
as:
<ejbjar ...
   <weblogic ...
       args="-J-mx256m"
       jvmargs="-Xms128m -Xmx256m"/>
</ejbjar>

This probably means that you should set the -J option as part of <arg... and
not <jvmarg...

/Daniel