ant-user mailing list archives

From Morten Mortensen <morten.morten...@tietoenator.com>
Subject Carriage-returns in files ends up as "0D 0D 0A"
Date Sun, 27 Jul 2003 19:34:41 GMT

Hi All,

I experience problems with carriage-returns in files!

I want to read a multi-line text-file into a property with task "loadfile",
then replace this set of line into another multi-line-text-file at a certain
spot in the file using the task "replace". That is, I want to replace a
string within one file with the content of another file.

Within the final file, all carriage-returns between the lines from the first
file ends up as the sequence "0D, 0D, 0A" (have I seen by doing a binary
dump with a tool). So the problem is with the carriage-returns from the file
read by "loadfile".

As is, I can not use the generated file.

The file read by "loadfile" originally does contain "0D, 0A", not "0D, 0D,
0A" (binary dump again).
I am using "Apache Ant version 1.5.3 compiled on April 9 2003" on a Windows
system.

Why is this?

Kind regards,
  Morten Sabroe Mortensen
  TietoEnator A/S, Ved Lunden 12, 8230 Åbyhøj, Danmark
  mailto:Morten.Mortensen@tietoenator.com
  http://www.tietoenator.com