ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject AW: No public execute() in class org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.op tional.junit.JUnitTest
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 05:33:12 GMT
The mapping <name> to classname is done in several defaults.properties
files.
For tasknames this is done the .../taskdefs/defaults.properties.

Following infos from my 1.6 version, but should be the same on 1.5.3 and
1.4.

That defaults.properties contains a line
  test=org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.Test
which sais that the Test class is the implementation for <test>.
As you can see in the manual "This task is deprectated as the Testlet
framework
has been abandoned in favor of JUnit by the Avalon community."

So the usual way is using JUnit and the <junit> task.

Ok, that´s the reason for message "Trying to override old definition of task
test".

The reason for "No public execute()..." is that you are using the wrong
class.
<junit> is implemented by JUnitTask as you can see in the
defaults.properties
  junit=org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTask

Because <junit> supports a completely other set of attributes than <test> I
think
you have to reorganize your build file.

Jan