ant-user mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject AW: JFunc +ant
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2003 05:18:00 GMT
> Not trying to get in to a JUnit vs some other tool battle here....

A right word :-)

> Just wanted the same reporting mechanism which ANT provides for JUnit.

I took a little look into the source of Ant. Interesting part would be the
taskdefs.optional.junit package.
JUnitTestRunner is the class for driving the tests. That classname is hard
coded
in JUnitTask (the <junit> implementation), e.g. in executeAsForked(...).

The JUnitTestRunner will extract all the testcases from the list of classes
(first
by a given suite() method secondary by the TestCase(Class) constructor).

The JUnitTestRunner implements the junit.framework.TestListener and is
therefore
the bridge to JUnit (as I see).

For short: JUnitTestRunner
- collects the testcases
- runs each testcase and
- collects the output.

The testcases run is done by its testXXX() method.

So far with JUnit - but I donĀ“t know JFunc.

But if the JFunc testclasses extend the JUnit testclasses it should work
without
any modification.
I think its worth to try .

Jan