ant-user mailing list archives

From Vikas Phonsa <VPho...@suz.com>
Subject CVS Problems
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 19:13:27 GMT
Hi

I am using Ant 1.5.3 to update the Manifest-Version tag in the manifest file
to reflect the current timestamp before creating jars.

There are two separate scripts, one for creating jars and the other for
importing to CVS.

Then I use to do cvs import and when I run ant to do import it updates the
head and creates a new version in CVS.The version number in CVS equals the
Manifest-Version in the manifest file updated by the other script.

But if I run the same (cvs Import) script again (without updating the
Manifest File) after some minor changes in files it updates the head as well
as the older latest version.

I need to lock the version somehow so that only the head is updated. The
version should be updated only after someone has created new jars and the
Manifest-Version tag has been updated from its older value.

Is "Import" the right command for creating new versions in CVS ?

I could probably use commit to just update a file in the head but how do I
tell ant which files to commit.I can't have users to mention each changed
file separately. Can I have ant to somehow find out which files have changed
?

Please help

Vik