ant-user mailing list archives

From Vikas Phonsa <VPho...@suz.com>
Subject Help Please:Ant CVS Login just doesn't work
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2003 15:59:33 GMT
Hi Folks
Here are the errors I get

Execute:Java13CommandLauncher: cvs -d
:pserver:t0064@cvs.br.dev.com:/asdr/users/t0064 checkout ComBRBRSiebel
cvs checkout: Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real password
cvs [checkout aborted]: authorization failed: server cvs.br.dev.com rejected
access to /asdr/users/t0064 for user t0064
Build exception: c:\wsad_workspaces\br\ComBRBRSiebel\ant\build.xml:55: cvs
exited with error code 1
Build exception: c:\wsad_workspaces\br\ComBRBRSiebel\ant\build.xml:55: cvs
exited with error code 1

I have tried specifying the location of the password and a lot of other
things. My WSAD IDE uses Ant 1.4.1 but I have tried it with Ant 1.5.3 also
but doesn't work.
I am using cvsnt cvs.exe.

Help someone

Vikas

-----Original Message-----
From: Bansemir, Carsten [mailto:Carsten.Bansemir@huk-coburg.de]
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 10:50 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: AW: Ant CVS Login problem

I think you have to add the passfile attribute to your <cvs> checkout task.
Without, CVS wants you to type in the password. but ant got problems with
pipelining the cvs arguments from the console to the cvs executable.

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
I am trying to login and checkout a project from my remote repository by
using the following Ant target from my "IDE":

<target name="cvsCheck" depends="init" >
    	<cvspass cvsroot="${cvsroot}" password="${apac.pass}"/>
          <cvs cvsRoot="${cvsroot}" command="checkout" package="ComBRSiebel"
dest="./../Destination"
	   failonerror="true"/>
    </target>

It gives me following errors:

Execute:Java13CommandLauncher: cvs -d
:pserver:t0064@cvs.br.dev.com:/asdr/users/t0064 checkout ComBRBRSiebel
cvs checkout: Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real password
cvs [checkout aborted]: authorization failed: server cvs.br.dev.com rejected
access to /asdr/users/t0064 for user t0064
Build exception: c:\wsad_workspaces\br\ComBRBRSiebel\ant\build.xml:55: cvs
exited with error code 1
Build exception: c:\wsad_workspaces\br\ComBRBRSiebel\ant\build.xml:55: cvs
exited with error code 1

Username,Password,CVSRoot everything is ok.

Now if I use command line to manually login to the repository with same root
& password, I can checkout the project from command line. And interestingly
while I am logged on the server at command line, if I run this ant script
from my IDE it does a success build.

If I logout from command line and run build from IDE it fails again.

Any ideas.

Vik