ant-user mailing list archives

From Vikas Phonsa <>
Subject Ant Newbie's question to experienced Ants
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2003 17:20:17 GMT
Hi Folks.

I am a java programmer absolutely new to Ant and I want to use Ant to do the
following tasks. Basically I want to do some CVS tasks. Before I start I
want to know whether all of these could be done with Ant:

1.When I run a build ( build.xml) it should create the required jars but
automatically update the names of the jar files to append the current
timestamp ( or something very similar ) as the current version tag.

2.It should also update the Manifest file to add the current timestamp as to
reflect the version.

3.Upload the new jar files to the CVS repository and place them there as the
new versions.

4. While all of the above tasks are being done, give out details of which
task is being performed currently.

Also I would appreciate a little direction esp. for the task # 3.

Please advice.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message