ant-user mailing list archives

From "Matt" <mathews_jul...@hotmail.com>
Subject InputHandler/exec
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2003 18:14:54 GMT
Hi

I am writing a small java GUI program that needs to be used to get CVS
repository information from a user before a CVS import is done with
Ant.That program is basically intended update the cvsroot and password
variable being used in Ant CVS task for a particular project and also
store those is a property file for future use.

Now I need to know how to run that program and have it update the
properties in the Ant script. Should I use inputhandler ( input task
doesn't work in my WSAD IDE) or exec. How does an external java program
connect directly to properties in Ant script. Or Ant can just load
properties from an external properties files that program would update.

Any ideas.Maybe I'm on an entirely wrong track.

The aim is to somehow ( gui or no gui ) prompt the use to enter the CVS
info when a project is import for the first time.

Matt.

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Hill [mailto:RHill@classmates.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 11:04 AM
To: 'user@ant.apache.org'
Subject: Setting a project timeout?

I'm using ant to run some tests scripts and I'm running into an issue
where
the scripts (Ant/HttpUnit/JUnit based) hang waiting for a response from
web server that may never come. Is there a way of giving an Ant project
timeout to fail/end gracefully if it runs too long? If so, how would you
do
it?

Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Thanks,