ant-user mailing list archives

From "Matt" <mathews_jul...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: CVS.exe for Ant
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2003 19:07:01 GMT
Matthew Hawthorne wrote yesterday
--1) If so, since the CVS client is a standalone .exe,  you could put it

--in $ANT_HOME/bin.  You would know that, if ant is in your path, so is
cvs.

I copied the cvs.exe to the folder where my IDE looks for ant related
jars and added the folder to the classpath and my CVS tasks work inside
the IDE even if I remove the cvs.exe from my path environment variable
and cvs is not recognized as a valid command on the command prompt.

And Vikas Phonsa wrote
--would copying/placing the cvs.exe that comes with these application to
any --other locations and specifying the PATH to that location work so
far as ----running the Ant CSV tasks are concerned ??

I don't know if there are any other issue involved,but I copied the
cvs.exe to a folder other than the installation directory of WinCVS and
specified the path to the other folder in path env variable.And it
works.

Matt