ant-user mailing list archives

From "Matt" <mathews_jul...@hotmail.com>
Subject Running an Ant Script common to all projects
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2003 16:49:24 GMT
Hi Folks,

Thanks for your useful help so far. Here are another issue I would
appreciate some feedback on:

 Whenever I do a CVS import ( using Ant ) for a project I have to place
the ant script file in the root directory of that project. It imports
whatever is below the directory. Is there a way to specify the
directory/Project so that I can place my Ant script anywhere. As shown
below right now I have place the CVS import Ant script in each project.
I want to place that in a common tools directory and be able to Import (
or do other operations on ) the specified project  to CVS.

Workspace|
         |_Project 1

	   |_Project 2

	   |_Tools

Also we would need to give the name of the project and path of the
manifest file (located under that project )to be used. Script would be
located in Tools but would do all the tasks for the specified project.

Matt