ant-user mailing list archives

From "Matt" <mathews_jul...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: CVS.exe for Ant
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 22:29:37 GMT
Matthew wrote:
-----Does everybody in your department use the same ant and the same
CVS?
(are they on a shared directory somewhere?).----

Yeah they would be using same ant and same CVS and all computers have
access to some mapped network drives/directories.

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: __matthewHawthorne [mailto:mhawthorne@alumni.pitt.edu]
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 3:18 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: CVS.exe for Ant

Does everybody in your department use the same ant and the same CVS?
(are they on a shared directory somewhere?).

_warning_ : all suggestions are hacks

1) If so, since the CVS client is a standalone .exe,  you could put it
in $ANT_HOME/bin.  You would know that, if ant is in your path, so is
cvs.

2) You could put it in $ANT_HOME/lib, write a custom ant task to load
cvs.exe from the classspath and execute it.

3) You could allow each developer to specify the task in a property file

or a system property (I'm not sure if this would be better than env
vars), set the PATH in the ant script, then do "antcall" on another cvs
target, which I _think_ would cause the new process to inherit the new
path.